In response to the disasters created in the wake of hurricanes Harvey and Irma, First Church is assembling Flood Buckets to send much needed supplies to those in need. Although we began collection donations last week at our Open House Celebration– we haven’t stopped and our youth stand prepared to continue the work of assembling the buckets throughout the month of September. The buckets will then be picked up and sent directly to the UMCOR Depot in Salt Lake City for distribution.
Your donations are still much needed.
Please see the list of information and video clip below for what you can donate today!
Flood Bucket Materials:
- 5-gallon bucket with resealable lid—** We have 80 buckets donated by LOWES and ORCHARD SUPPLY HARDWARE READY TO FILL!!
- Liquid laundry detergent—1 50-oz. or 2-25-oz. bottles
- Liquid household cleaner—12?16 oz. liquid cleaner that can be mixed with water – No spray cleaners
- Dish soap—16?28 oz. bottle any brand
- 1 can air freshener—Aerosol or pump
- 1 insect repellant spray—6?14 oz. aerosol or spray pump with protective cover
- 1 scrub brush—Plastic or wooden handle
- 18 cleaning wipes—Handi Wipes or reusable wipes – No terry cleaning towels.
- 7 sponges—No cellulose sponges due to mold issues
- 5 scouring pads—No stainless steel, Brillo pads, or SOS pads (nothing with soap built in)
- 50 clothespins
- Clothesline—One 100-ft. or two 50-ft. lines – Cotton or plastic
- 24-roll heavy-duty trash bags—33? to 45-gallon sizes
- 5 dust masks
- 2 pairs kitchen dishwashing gloves—Should be durable enough for multiple uses
- 1 pair work gloves—Cotton with leather palm or all leather
All items must be new except for the actual bucket and lid. All cleaning agents must be liquid and in plastic containers. No powders, please. If you cannot find the requested size of a liquid item, use a smaller size. Including larger sizes of any item will prevent the lid from sealing.
We will be collecting monetary donations and items for the buckets through end of September when they will be sent to UMCOR for distribution. If you wish to make a monetary donation please make check out to: FUMC and put “UMCOR FLOOD BUCKETS” in the Memo section.
A very special thank you to Lowe’s and Orchard Supply Hardware for their donations of buckets!