- Financial: $733.34 was available for distribution. Agreed to send $700 to Adam Moussa for his children’s education and to support his efforts in his village.
- Gabriel Stauring reported that Adam’s village was attacked by Janjaweed. Two were killed and others injured. Six were taken hostage. All are civilians. There is no government protection and UNAMID is nowhere close. Adam and his family are safe.
- Marv will be talking to several classes at Foothill High School later this month. “The Promise” will not be shown there.
- Members felt that the Open House at FUMC was well attended and worthwhile and provided an opportunity for us to educate and answer questions of the church community about the current situation.
- Approved plans for showing “The Promise” at FUMC, Tuesday, 11/14 at 6:30 PM. The doors will open at 6:00 PM. Light refreshments will be served. Linda Seropian-Miller and Sue Seropian will give a short introduction to the film. After the showing there will be a Q & A session. Agreed that free will donations will be given to the Armenian General Benevolent Union and Genocide No More–Save Darfur.
- Discussed plans for Gifts for Good. Agreed to sell remaining Heart of Nuba T Shirts and note cards.
- Discussed the possibility of hosting a concert in January or February and an evening with Paul Jeffries when he returns from the Nuba Mountains.
- Agreed to hold the November meeting in the Community Room of the Holiday Market on Placer and Buenaventura. The meeting will be held on Monday, 11/6 at 5:30 PM.
Our Goals for 2016-2017
You can watch a recent reunion of Gabriel with Adam below. You can hear Gabriel telling Adam that the people of Redding care about him and Adam’s reply that he was so happy to hear that. Thanks to all of you who donated funds and have supported our activities during the past year. Genocide No More–Save Darfur has made a small difference in what is a tragic situation.
Questions? Contact Marv Steinberg