- Donations totaled $150 and $53 was raised at the Whole Earth and Watershed Festival. A total of $3,165.20 has been raised since 7/1/17 and $112,654.50 since 4/1/06.
- Paul Jeffrey has met Dr. Tom Catena in the Nuba Mountains and was impressed with what he is doing,
- It was decided to table any decision about showing “The Heart of Nuba” until the August meeting.
- Marv & Nola reported they had participated in the Sudan Day of Action. It was decided not to participate in suggested follow up activities with Congressman LaMalfa.
- Marv reported he had received a letter from President Trump in response to one he had written but the correspondence from the president did not mention anything related to the situation in Sudan.
- Several articles listed in Updates were discussed.
- Participation in the Whole Earth and Watershed Festival was evaluated as positive. It was suggested that we have the drums next year and trmadee hat a petition be available.
- Final plans for the Redding Songwriters for Darfur Americana Music Concert & Authentic Japanese Banquet on Saturday, 5/5 were made.
- Plans for “Experiences of a Genocide Survivor,” on Friday, June 1 at 7:00 PM in Fellowship Cafe were reviewed. Cookies will be served. The event will be co-sponsored by Shasta County Citizens Advocating Respect (SCCAR).
- It was decided to cancel Planning Meetings in June and July. The next Planning Meeting will on Tuesday, August 7.
You can watch a recent reunion of Gabriel with Adam below. You can hear Gabriel telling Adam that the people of Redding care about him and Adam’s reply that he was so happy to hear that. Thanks to all of you who donated funds and have supported our activities during the past year. Genocide No More–Save Darfur has made a small difference in what is a tragic situation.
Questions? Contact Marv Steinberg