The First United Methodist Church of Redding Memorial Scholarship
The FUMC Scholarship Commission has aided dozens of church members in furthering their education. From a source of occasional fund raising, shrewd investment by The Endowment Fund Commission, United Methodist Women donations, and those passing along a part of their estate, we are able to give scholarships on a yearly basis. Each June, we present financial awards to students for the coming school year.
The scholarship program was started by Jack and Marjorie Dickinson.
Deadline: March 31st, 2018
Criteria to Qualify:
- Active membership in First United Methodist Church of Redding.
- High school seniors, currently enrolled college students, trade school students, and re-entry students
- Financial need will be a consideration.
- Must show competence in chosen field or general academic achievement.
- Must show proof of enrollment, with a minimum of 6 units in a post secondary education/training school before funds will be transferred.
- Scholarship is for one year only. Recipients may apply on an equal basis with new applicants in following years for additional scholarships.
Please Include the following with your Scholarship Application:
- Three letters of recommendation from non-relatives, including one from an instructor and one from a church member, preferably one who has worked with you and knows you well.
- Your autobiography, including your goals, ambitions, work experience, activities in the church, volunteer work, leadership, music, youth work, travel, extra-curricular school and community activities, and any other helpful information about you.
- A Completed FUMC Memorial Scholarship Financial Form- will be given to you at time of interview.
- A copy of your transcripts.
- An interview with Scholarship Committee is required (to be arranged individually with each candidate.)
If you have any questions contact Damon Cropsey, Scholarship Committee Chair through the church office.