The FUMC Scholarship Commission has aided dozens of church members in furthering their education. From a source of occasional fund raising, shrewd investment by The Endowment Fund Commission, United Methodist Women donations, and those passing along a part of their estate, we are able to give scholarships on a yearly basis. Each June, we present financial awards to students for the coming school year.
The scholarship program was started by Jack and Marjorie Dickinson.
The First United Methodist Church of Redding Memorial Scholarship
Deadline: March 31st, 2017– Be sure to apply next year in 2018!
Criteria to Qualify:
- Active membership in First United Methodist Church of Redding.
- High school seniors, currently enrolled college students, trade school students, and re-entry students
- Financial need will be a consideration.
- Must show competence in chosen field or general academic achievement.
- Must show proof of enrollment, with a minimum of 6 units in a post secondary education/training school before funds will be transferred.
- Scholarship is for one year only. Recipients may apply on an equal basis with new applicants in following years for additional scholarships.
Please Include the following with your Scholarship Application:
- Three letters of recommendation from non-relatives, including one from an instructor and one from a church member, preferably one who has worked with you and knows you well.
- Your autobiography, including your goals, ambitions, work experience, activities in the church, volunteer work, leadership, music, youth work, travel, extra-curricular school and community activities, and any other helpful information about you.
- A Completed FUMC Memorial Scholarship Financial Form- will be given to you at time of interview.
- A copy of your transcripts.
- An interview with Scholarship Committee is required (to be arranged individually with each candidate.)
If you have any questions contact Damon Cropsey, Scholarship Committee Chair through the church office.