- Financial: $4,893.27 was raised since 7/7/17 a total of $114,382.57 since 4/1/06. $4,939.45 was distributed during the year–most to iACT projects.
- A message from Adam was read. He expressed concern about killings and attacks in the area, shortages of food and fuel, and rising prices.
- Marv discussed articles listed in Updates including several of special interest posted by the Darfur Women Action Group.
- Evaluated last spring’s events: Redding Songwriters for Darfur Americana Music Concert and Authentic Japanese Banquet and “Experiences of a Genocide Survivor.”
- Evaluated 2017-18 goals as being partially met. Although the goal of raising $10,000 was not met most of the others were attained.
- Revised the “Who We Are” statement to read “A group of Shasta County residents committed to stopping genocide and to raising funds for the victims of genocide in Darfur.”
- Set and prioritized the 2018-19 goals as followed:* To raise $5,000 or more.* To continue to support the survivors of the genocide in Darfur.* To continue to raise awareness and knowledge about genocide and the on-going ethnic cleansing in Sudan.* To continue to use the democratic process by communicating with our elected ad appointed government officials.* To encourage more congregations, schools, and other organizations to become involved with our activities.* To be proactive in preventing future genocides.
- Discussed possible fall events and decided to explore a reshowing of “The Heart of Nuba,” a presentation by Paul Jeffrey, and a Riverfront Playhouse buyout.
- Agreed to sponsor “Live the Dream” on Saturday, August 25.
Our 2018-2019 Goals:
- To raise $5,000 or more.
- To continue to support the survivors of the genocide in Darfur.
- To continue to raise awareness and knowledge about genocide and the on-going ethnic cleansing in Sudan.
- To continue to use the democratic process by communicating with our elected and appointed government officials.
- To encourage more congregations, schools, and other organizations to become involved with our activities.
- To be proactive in preventing future genocides.
You can watch a recent reunion of Gabriel with Adam below. You can hear Gabriel telling Adam that the people of Redding care about him and Adam’s reply that he was so happy to hear that. Thanks to all of you who donated funds and have supported our activities during the past year. Genocide No More–Save Darfur has made a small difference in what is a tragic situation.
Questions? Contact Marv Steinberg